The event is certified by the USBC
REMINDER: Effective August 1, 2020, balance holes are not permitted in USBC certified competition.
- The Parker Bohn III Scholarship Tournament is open to USBC Youth Members ages 17 and under on or before July 31st, 2020. If you are not currently a USBC Youth member, you may purchase a membership by visiting bowl.com prior to the start of competition or purchase on site.
- There will be 4 Divisions. U18 BOYS, U18 GIRLS, U15, and U12. Players wishing to compete in the PBA Jr. Qualifier MUST compete in the U18 BOYS or U18 GIRLS Division.
- The U15 and U12 Divisions will be coed and the girls will receive 7 pins of handicap per game.
- Each squad will be limited to 42 bowlers per squad and each bowler will receive one guest. If the maximum capacity in bowling centers increases before the event, bowlers per squad and guests per bowler are subject to increase.
- Bowlers will have a chance to qualify for the PBA Jr. National Championship in the U18 BOYS and U18 GIRLS Divisions. Bowlers will pay an additional $40 on their first squad. Bowlers will qualify for the PBA Jr. National Championship based on their FIRST SQUAD ONLY. The 2 qualifiers will be based on the final standings of the PB3 Tournament. Bowlers who sign up for the PBA Jr. National Championship Qualifier who do not qualify for finals of the PB3 Tournament based on their first squad can re-enter to qualify for the finals of the PB3 Tournament but will be ineligible to qualify for the PBA Jr. National Championship.
- U12 and U15 bowlers will be allowed to bowl in the U18 division for a chance to qualify for the PBA Jr. National Championship. If the bowler bowls the first squad and would like to try and qualify in their division, they are allowed. If this bowler makes the cut in more than one division, he/she will have the choice which division they will bowl the finals in. BOWLERS ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO BOWL THE FINALS IN 1 DIVISION. In the division they choose not to bowl in, they will receive the first scholarship spot outside of the cut number based on their highest 5 game total.
- Qualifying squads will consist of 5 games. After the last qualifying squad, the top 16 (based on 64 entries) will advance to the finals. The finals will be a 16 person 2-game total pinfall double elimination bracket.
- All bowlers advancing to the finals will receive scholarships.
- If bowlers tie for the final qualifying spot for the PBA Jr National Championship, the tie will be broken based on higher seed going into match play (highest 5-game total)
- Qualifying squads will cost $70. The qualifying squads on Wednesday (9/2) and Thursday (9/3) will cost $60.
- The PBA Jr. National Championship Qualifier will be an additional $40 and will be added to your first squad.
- Cash and paypal will be accepted for walk-in bowlers.
- Pre-registered bowlers must check-in 30 minutes prior to start time.
- Walk-in entries will be accepted on a first come first serve basis and will cost $70.
- Entry fees will be refunded for squads bowlers do not bowl. Bowlers can pre-register for up to 3 squads.
- PB3 Dress Code will be in effect during all rounds of competition. Collared, mock, or crew neck bowling shirts are required. Name shirts are preferred, but not required. Males: Dress slacks, pants or shorts are required. Females: Dress slacks, dress shorts, skirts, or skorts are permitted. Skirts, skorts, and shorts must be longer than fingertip length when standing with arms at side. NO JEANS, NO SWEATPANTS, NO LEGGINGS, NO TSHIRTS, AND NO HATS ARE ALLOWED AT ANY TIME DURING COMPETITION.
- NO HEADPHONES WILL BE ALLOWED AT ANY TIME DURING COMPETITION.
- Scholarships will be awarded in all 4 divisions.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on a 1:4 ratio.
- Bowlers who bowl more than one squad and qualify in the cut number more than once, their lower score(s) will move outside of the cut number and they will receive the first scholarship spot outside the cut number based on their 5 game total(s). Bowlers who receive scholarship outside the cut number will only receive scholarship for their highest 5 game total (ONLY ONE).
- 1st place $1000 based on 40 entries in each division.
- Top 3 will receive trophies.
- Ties to make the finals will be broken based on their highest last game in their 5-game total. If both bowlers tie game 5, the tie will go to game 4 and so on if necessary.
- If 2 bowlers are eliminated in the same round for the final spot in the PBA Jr., the tie will be broken based on the seed entering the finals.